Kamus + Keller Interiors | Architecture is a diverse team of interior designers and architects who focus on designing with purpose, process, and passion… never ego.
Our 12-year-old firm is experiencing incredible growth and need experienced JOB CAPTAINS / SR. JOB CAPTAINS for both our Downtown Long Beach and Downtown Los Angeles offices. Your strong design and technical expertise will be used to support a dynamic team throughout a diverse array of projects.
As a #TeamKamusKeller Job Captain, your responsibilities will include:
- Servicing multiple projects, providing key decision-making and direction for your project team; responsible for project production in support of the Design Director and/or Project Manager.
- Maintain communication between team, clients, consultants, contractors, and all authorities having jurisdiction over the project
- Manage adherence to office standards of design, quality control, and production.
- Conceptual design direction, design development, and creation of construction documents.
- Knowledge of finishes and materials, furniture specifications/selections, and local resources.
- Ability to work with SketchUp for design studies and CD production.
- Knowledge of technical detailing, and construction materials and methods.
- Participate in contract preparation.
- Ensure project compliance with building code requirements and regulations.
- Attend client and job site meetings as needed.
- City submittal and plan check process.
- Knowledge of California Building, Fire, Plumbing Codes, and Accessibility requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the Construction Administration process.
- 6 years of professional commercial architectural design and technical expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of commercial interior design, including California Building Code and Title 24.
- Efficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously across all design phases.
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate process and awareness of the Greater Los Angeles market.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in AutoCad. Working knowledge of SketchUp is highly desirable.
- Local applicants only – this is not a remote work position.
If you love interesting projects, fast-paced workdays, and a supportive team, please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com (no phone calls, please).
Honored by Interior Design Magazine as one of the industry’s “Rising Giants”, and by the Los Angeles Business Journal as a Top 10 Commercial Design Firm, Kamus + Keller values Integrity, Stewardship, Balance, and Fun in all that we do. Across our 3 offices, you’ll find a unified vision and culture that we recognize as “One Team | One Heartbeat”. Visit our website and social media pages for more info about the great work we do!
Kamus + Keller Interiors | Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Women, minorities, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.