Kamus + Keller Interiors | Architecture is a growing, full-service architecture and design firm with diverse commercial, media entertainment and residential clients. We are seeking an experienced JOB CAPTAIN | DESIGNER in our DTLA office to support a dynamic interior design project team. This is a hands-on role and the right candidate will function well as a Designer and Job Captain with strong design and technical expertise related to the commercial tenant improvement field.
Honored by Interior Design Magazine as one of the industry’s “Rising Giants” for the past three years, we offer great benefits and competitive salary in an innovative and fun working environment.
As JOB CAPTAIN | DESIGNER, you will be responsible for:
- Serve as the project job captain for multiple projects, providing key decision-making and direction for project team; responsible for project production in support of Design Director or Sr. Project Manager.
- Maintain communication between project team, client, consultants, contractors and all authorities having jurisdiction over the project.
- Manages adherence to office standards of design, quality control, and production.
- Conceptual design direction, design development, and construction documents.
- Finish and material, furniture specifications / selections, as well as knowledge of local material resources.
- Ability to work with Sketchup Model for design studies and CD productions.
- Knowledge of technical detailing and construction materials and methods.
- Coordinate and participate in contract preparation.
- Ensure project compliance with building code requirements and regulations.
- Attend client and job site meetings as needed.
- City submittal and plan check process.
- Knowledge of California Building, Fire, Plumbing Codes and Accessibility requirements.
- Thorough understanding of Construction Administration.
- Minimum 6 years professional commercial architectural design and technical expertise.
- Bachelors Degree required; professional design certifications are highly desired.
- Advanced technical knowledge of all aspects of commercial interior design, including California Building Code and Title 24 expertise.
- Efficiency in managing multiple tenant improvement projects across all phases.
- Knowledge of architectural interior design concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate process and awareness of the Greater Los Angeles market.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and accurately perform a variety of complicated tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in AutoCAD. Working knowledge of SketchUp is highly desirable.
- Local applicants only
If you want to join an energetic team and feel that you are a good fit for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter with portfolio to email@example.com (direct applicants only).
Kamus + Keller Interiors | Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.